Committed to the protection / preservation of our environment and the Health & Safety of our staff, contrcators and visistors
Greenfield Foods Limited core business is the grading, packing and distribution of eggs. We supply graded eggs to the major multiples, food services and smaller wholesales nationwide. We are committed to the protection and preservation of our environment by ensuring that our operations do not have a negative impact on the environment. Our Environmental Management System (EMS) is based on the ISO14001:2015 and Origin Green Sustainability Charter.
To achieve these aims we will:
- Consider all internal and external environmental factors that affect the EMS and put plans in place so the expectations of stakeholders and interested parties are met.
- Incorporate our system into the long term company strategic planning going forward.
- Work towards sustainability in the company by committing to the Origin Green Sustainability.
- Comply with environmental legislation, codes of best practice and relevant corporation policies.
- Give commitment to provide resources for continual improvement in our EMS.
- Investigate and incorporate, where necessary areas such as sustainable resource use, climate change mitigation and adaption, protection of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Reduce amounts of waste going to landfill with an emphasis on recycling initiative’s and materials re-use and recovery.
- Improve energy management and reduce energy usage.
- Strive for prevention of pollution and continuous improvement in our environmental performance and continually monitor and audit that performance.
- Annually review all objectives and targets set.
- Advise and train our employees and contractors as necessary to meet our environmental undertakings.
- Ensure all our employees are aware of the potential impacts of their activities on the environment.
- Communicate this policy to all employees and contractors whose services are employed by Greenfield Foods Limited.
Greenfield Foods Limited Sustainability Achievements.:
- Achieved a 14% reduction in electric usage from baseline year 2012 until extension to existing facility in 2016 by LED conversion, sensor lighting, daily/weekly meter analysis, timers on equipment and load shifting.
- 60 tonne of recycling material generated annually (cardboard and plastic).
- New wastewater treatment plant installed.
- Wildflower meadow created prior to 2016 extension – target to be reinforced in 2018.
- Sustainability initiative’s now set for each producer farm.
- Quarterly newsletters to producer farms
- Cycle to work scheme in place for all employees.
- Health and well being assessments for all employees.
- On-going donations and support to charities, local community/social clubs etc.
Operate a “zero waste to landfill” policy on site (waste sent for energy recovery).
Our Objectives and Targets for 2018 are:
- Reduce energy usage by a further 10% by the end of 2022.
- Reduce levels of plastic in our process by 25% by 2021.
- Reduce water usage by 7.5% by 2020.
- Reduce waste by 15% by 2022.
- Increase recycling waste by 15% by 2022.
ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety:
- We are delighted to announce our certification to ISO45001 Occupational Health & Safety.
- This follows on from our previous health and safety certificate (OHSAS 18001) which we were accredited for in 2015.
- This highlights our commitment to provide our staff, contractors and visitors with best practice relating to health and safety protocols.
- We aim to have continual improvement in this area with support from top management. Objectives and targets are set every year and these are monitored on a quarterly basis.
- Our progress and level of competency is audited on an annual basis by an external third party auditing company.
Environmental Policy 2018