Committed to the protection and preservation of our environment.
Greenfield Foods core business is the grading, packing and distribution of eggs. We supply graded eggs to the major multiples and smaller retailers nationwide. We are committed to the protection and preservation of our environment by ensuring that our operations do not have a negative impact on the environment. Our systems are based on the ISO14001 and Origin Green Sustainability Charter.
To achieve these aims we will:
- Reduce amounts of waste going to landfill with an emphasis on recycling initiatives and materials re-use & recovery.
- Improve energy management and reduce usage.
- Strive for prevention of pollution and continuous improvement in our environmental performance and continually monitor and audit that performance.
- Work towards sustainability in the company by committing to the Origin Green Sustainability Charter.
- Advice and train our employees and contractors as necessary to meet our environmental undertakings.
- Ensure all our employees are aware of the potential impacts of their activities on the environment.
- This policy has been communicated to all employees and to the contractors whose services are employed by Greenfield Foods and is available on request.
- Comply with environmental legislation and codes of best practice and relevant corporation policies.
- Annually review all objectives and targets set.
Our Environmental Objectives for 2015 were:
- Reduce our Electrical energy usage by 10% by the end of 2015
- Reduce our landfill waste by 10% by the end of 2015
We have achieved and exceeded our targets, our results is a 14% reduction in electrical energy usage and a 14.5% reduction in landfill waste.
Our Objectives and Targets for 2016/2017 are:
Reduce energy usage by a further 10% by the end of 2017.
Reduce landfill tonnage by a further 10% by the end of 2017.
Installation of a new Waste Water treatment facility in 2016.