Committed to the protection and preservation of our environment.
Environmental Policy 2018
Greenfield Foods Limited core business is the grading, packing and distribution of eggs. We supply graded eggs to the major multiples, food services and smaller wholesales nationwide. We are committed to the protection and preservation of our environment by ensuring that our operations do not have a negative impact on the environment. Our Environmental Management System (EMS) is based on the ISO14001:2015 and Origin Green Sustainability Charter.
To achieve these aims we will:
- Consider all internal and external environmental factors that affect the EMS and put plans in place so the expectations of stakeholders and interested parties are met.
- Incorporate our system into the long term company strategic planning going forward.
- Work towards sustainability in the company by committing to the Origin Green Sustainability.
- Comply with environmental legislation, codes of best practice and relevant corporation policies.
- Give commitment to provide resources for continual improvement in our EMS.
- Investigate and incorporate, where necessary areas such as sustainable resource use, climate change mitigation and adaption, protection of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Reduce amounts of waste going to landfill with an emphasis on recycling initiative’s and materials re-use and recovery.
- Improve energy management and reduce energy usage.
- Strive for prevention of pollution and continuous improvement in our environmental performance and continually monitor and audit that performance.
- Annually review all objectives and targets set.
- Advise and train our employees and contractors as necessary to meet our environmental undertakings.
- Ensure all our employees are aware of the potential impacts of their activities on the environment.
- Communicate this policy to all employees and contractors whose services are employed by Greenfield Foods Limited.
Greenfield Foods Limited Sustainability Achievements.:
Our Objectives and Targets for 2018 are:
Reduce energy usage by a further 10% by the end of 2022.
Reduce levels of plastic in our process by 25% by 2021.
Reduce water usage by 7.5% by 2020.
Reduce waste by 15% by 2022.
Increase recycling waste by 15% by 2022.